Type 2 diabetes is also called adult-onset diabetes. It is a long-term condition that influences the way the body processes sugar. Glucose is important for the body’s source of energy. In the case of type 2 diabetes patients, the body either prevents the effects of insulin or doesn’t make insulin to control a normal glucose level. It occurs in a rise of sugar levels in the bloodstream leading to symptoms of type 2 diabetes.
It is very hard for diabetes patients to control diabetes only with some positive lifestyle changes. They need medications to bring their blood sugar levels to normal levels. Most diabetes patients often choose homeopathic medicine. However, homeopathy is also helpful in treating diabetes. Diabetes care is beneficial because increasing blood sugar levels affect the functioning of various organs of your body.
Moreover, if a healthy diet and regular exercise aren’t enough to control blood sugar levels, take diabetes medications or Insulin therapy under the supervision of a doctor.
Homeopathic Medicine For Diabetes Type 2
Here are the various homeopathic medicines for diabetes type-2 :
- Syzygium Jambolanum: Homeopathic medicines for reducing sugar levels
Syzygium Jambolanum is the best natural Homeopathic medicine for Diabetes Type-2. It performs efficiently in decreasing sugar levels. In patients, excessive thirst and excessive urination are always present. Homeopathy Syzygium Jambolanum medicine also gives good results for long-standing ulcers for treatments of diabetes patients.
- Uranium Nitricum: Homeopathic medicines for reducing excessive urination, swelling, nausea, and burning with urination
It is a chief excellent homeopathic medicine for diabetes type-2. It maintains urination with incontinence of urine, enuresis, and burning in the urethra due to an increase in blood glucose levels. Uranium Nitricum homeopathic medicine protects against high blood pressure, high blood sugar levels, and conditions of fatty liver. After the prescription of a doctor, take the medicine of Uranium Nitricum.
- Calendula: Homeopathic medicines for skin ulcers
Skin ulcers are a very common complication in Diabetes patients. Diabetic skin ulcers are mostly produced on the feet. Natural Homeopathic Secale Cornutum and Syzygium Jambolanum medicines are good medicines to control skin ulcers in diabetic patients.
- Conium: Homeopathic medicines for Diabetic Nephropathy
Conium medicines can be used for numbness of feet and hands and nerve damage due to high blood sugar levels. It also maintains muscular weakness in the lower part of your body. Conium is also called poisonous hemlock. It is very highly toxic. Though conium does not influence the intellectual part of the body, it performs poorly on the spinal cord. Therefore, it protects in treating neuromuscular problems due to high levels of glucose. It assists in better sleep because it helps in relieving the pain due to neuropathy.
- Phosphorus- Homeopathic medicines for Weakness in Vision for Diabetes patients
Phosphorus is a natural homeopathic medicine for controlling Diabetes Type-2. Its use totally depends on the constitutional symptoms of the patient. Homeopathic medicine Phosphorus is medicine for the weakness of vision in a diabetic patient.
- Plumbum: Homeopathic medicines for Diabetes with Neuropathy (nerve complaints like numbness in hands and feet)
Natural Homeopathic medicines Phosphoric Acid, Sulphur, and Helonias are considered the best to handle the problem of the hand and feet due to diabetes.
Causative factors for Diabetes Type 2
Genetic and environmental factors are a combination of causes. Moreover, there is a strong genetic predisposition, the risk rises significantly when associated with lifestyle factors such as-
- High blood pressure
- Overweight or obesity
- Insufficient physical activity
- Poor diet
- Family history of diabetes
Symptoms for Diabetes Type 2
Here are the symptoms for diabetes type-2
- Excessive thirst
- Frequent urination
- Feeling tired and lethargic
- Always feeling hungry
- Having cuts that heal slowly
- Skin infections with itching
- Blurred vision
- Gradually increasing of weight
- Mood swings
- Headaches with dizziness
- Leg cramps.
How to diagnose type 2 diabetes mellitus?
- Fasting blood glucose test- Glucose levels of 7.0mmol/liter or greater indicate type 2 diabetes.
- Two-hour blood glucose test (glucose tolerance test)– Glucose levels of 11.1mmol/liter or greater indicate you have type 2 diabetes.
- Glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1C) test- HbA1C is a protein that is made when over a long period of time you have high blood glucose levels. HbA1C levels of 48 mmol/mol or greater indicate you have type 2 diabetes.
- You may need to have repeat tests before the diagnosis is confirmed if blood test results suggest you have type 2 diabetes.
Homeopathy is a contentious topic in medicine. Whether there are many types of homeopathic medicines promoted for diabetes symptoms but there is no evidence showing they really work. It is still beneficial to control your weight using a healthful diet and exercise and to control your glucose levels within a healthy range.
Dieting and exercising may be more crucial, but they are not impossible. Do not change your current treatment using homeopathic treatment. Ask your doctor before taking any homeopathic medicine. You should always discuss the medicine to make sure that there are no known side effects or drug interactions.