Common health conditions that require an ophthalmologist consultation are:
- Frequent headaches: You should see your nearest ophthalmologist if you frequently have headaches. Several eye conditions, including serious ones like glaucoma, cause headaches.
- Eye pain:The main cause of eye pain in the modern day is constant exposure to computer and smartphone screens. However, you must see an ophthalmologist if the pain continues for an extended period.
- Vision issues:You may experience visual issues like double vision, halos near bright lights, eye pain, and a rise in floaters, which may be an indication of an issue with your eyes. This might potentially be a symptom of a detached retina; in such a case, you need to receive medical care right away. Without treatment, a detached retina may cause vision loss.
- Recurrent squinting:To squint is to squeeze your eyes together to focus on the hazy images ahead of you. If you have to recurrently squint your eyes, you must have your eyes checked by an eye doctor who can recommend a set of contact lenses or spectacles.
- Diabetes:Your doctor may have advised you to see an ophthalmologist frequently if you suffer from diabetes or if it is common in your family. Several eye conditions, including glaucoma, cataracts, and diabetic retinopathy, are increased by diabetes.