Home workout no equipment, this may sound weird? But it is indeed possible to get fit with some workout without equipment. Fitness is not equipment bound, if you know the right way and follow the workout regularly with strong willpower, you can stay fit doing no equipment workout at home also. Indulging in a quick cardio workout or any other workout at home is more convenient provided you are creative enough to create a little space for yourself.
Let us acquaint you with some ease at home workout plan without equipment that will yield the same effects as doing workouts in a gym with the latest equipment.
Also Read: Weight Exercises At Home
Best No-Equipment Workout
1. Air Swimming: Try to strengthen your postural muscles and posterior chain muscles with air swimming. For this, you need to first lie down on your stomach extending your arms overhead. Now, lift your arms, chest, and legs off making an angle of 30 degrees. Once this is done, try to flutter your legs and arms up and down. Make sure the legs and arms don’t touch the floor. Repeat this for 3 sets with a minute break in between.
2. Burpees: Burpees can be included in your strength and cardio at-home workout without equipment. For this, you need to first squat to the floor and then jump off the feet again to return to a plank position. Then, jump again and stand up in the normal position. This killer cardio workout when repeated for about 30 to 60 seconds in between your cardio workout can boost up the effects of your exercising.
3. Glute Bridge: This one is for glute strength and is particularly helpful for those suffering from dead butt syndrome. For this, you need to lie on your back with your knees bent and keep your hands by your sides. Make sure your feet are positioned flat on the floor at an arm’s distance apart. Now, squeeze your abs and glutes, and try to lift your hips off the floor for a few inches to form a straight line with your shoulder and knees. Hold on to that position for a few seconds and slowly lower down your hips. Repeat this exercise 30 times in the beginning.
4. Kickboxing: Give way to your hidden desire to kick someone out by indulging in kickboxing, which is a perfect workout without equipment. For this, you need to stand straight and indulge in a combination of kicking with your one leg and punching with the alternate hand. Repeat this multiple times going alternate with your leg and hand movement. You need not have a punching bag in front of you to do kickboxing.
5. Runner’s Crunch: If regular crunches don’t seem enough to make your core strong, then opt for runner’s crunch. For this, lie down flat on your back keeping your hands behind your head and elbows wide towards the sides. Now, try to sit, lift your back off the floor, and bring your left knee towards your chest and right elbow together. Do this while keeping your other leg straight. Slowly lower down your back and leg. Repeat with the other leg alternatively. Repeat this in 3 sets of 10 in the beginning.
6. Plank: The easiest and the most effective of all the possible no equipment workout, the plank may seem to do nothing but this is not the case. For this, you need to go in a press-up position where just your forearms and toes touch the ground and the rest of the body is uplifted parallel to the ground. You just need to hold onto this position for a count of 30 seconds in the beginning and repeat it for a set of 3. Increase the timing gradually day by day. This is a brilliant exercise to strengthen your core muscles.
7. Push-Up: Go for the classic push-ups that are a perfect workout without equipment. If done properly, a push-up can be a total workout for your chest, triceps, shoulders, and core area. We assume we don’t need to explain how a push-up is done because it is one common workout regime that almost everyone is aware of. Repeating a set of 3 with a little rest in between would be sufficient to stay in shape.
8. Mountain Climbers: If you have strong wrists and are fond of mountaineering, do include mountain climber exercise in your home workout no equipment. For this all you need to do is run your knees in and out directly from a push-up position. It is an effective exercise that will give you the twin benefits of cardio and strength workouts. Do a series of mountain climbers for about 30 to 60 seconds in a row and repeat in the middle of your other workout.
9. Superman Punch: Home workout no equipment is possible with exercises like superman punch. It is a perfect workout for your posterior chain including your shoulders, butt, and back. For this, lie down on your stomach extending your arms overhead. Now, lift your arms, chest, and legs off the ground while squeezing your butt. After this pull your elbows sideways and try to punch overhead while keeping your legs, arms, chest off the ground. Repeat it in sets of 3.
The Bottom Line
Lockdown or something else can’t be your excuse to skip a workout. You need not enroll in a gym to look fit if you are short of budget. You can choose to work out without equipment at the convenience of your home with the above-mentioned exercises. Make sure to follow the steps accurately and don’t strain yourself too much in the beginning. Allow your body to get used to the workout and then increase the number of sets gradually. Besides, doing any of these exercises won’t show the magical results in just 1 or 2 days, you need to be regular and have the patience to see the results yourself after a few weeks and months.