Papaya is rightly called an ideal fruit for a sick person. There are several astonishing Papaya benefits, that make it a nutritious food for anyone. This sweet-tasting fruit is the fruit of the Carica Papaya plant, which is native to Central America. Today, this healthy fruit is available almost all around the year in all places across the globe. Also known as Papaws or Pawpaws, papaya comes loaded with Vitamin A, C, and other essential minerals and antioxidants.
Let us acquaint you with the list of surprising papaya benefits and side effects. You will find the following nutrients in medium-sized papaya:
Nutritional Value of Papaya
- Calories: 120
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Sugar: 21 g
- Fibre: 5 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
- Fat: Less than 1 g
Besides, papaya is loaded with minerals like copper, potassium, magnesium, and folate. It is also a rich source of Pantothenic acid and Vitamin A.
10 Amazing Health Benefits of Papaya
Listed below are some surprising papaya fruit benefits that will make this fruit irresistible to you:
1. Miraculous to Relieve Constipation Symptoms: The prime benefit of eating papaya is that it helps relieve constipation. Papaya is loaded with an enzyme called papain, which aids in digestion and detoxifies the body. This is the reason that the elderly prefer eating papaya to prevent constipation.
2. Papaya Accelerates Weight Loss: Papaya is a blessing in disguise for those trying to lose weight. One cup of papaya carries just about 44 calories. Eating papaya makes you feel fuller for a longer time and helps to eliminate toxins from the body.
3. Good for Diabetic People: People suffering from diabetes can safely incorporate papaya into their diet. This miraculous fruit offers a reasonable GI or Glycemic index to diabetic people, to avoid fluctuation in their blood sugar level.
4. Prevents Fatigue and Weakness: Try eating papaya every day to feel energetic and get over fatigue and weakness. One cup of papaya will fill you with an adequate amount of Riboflavin that enhances your overall metabolism. As a result, you will feel the energy the whole day after eating papaya.
5. Eat Papaya to Prevent Night Blindness: Rich in flavonoids, papaya also helps in preventing eye disorders like night blindness. All yellow and orange fruits like papaya must be added to the diet to prevent night blindness and other similar eye disorders.
6. Superfood for Healthy Skin: Eating an adequate amount of papaya daily will help you get smooth and healthy skin. Papaya is miraculous even when applied to the skin. Perhaps, this is the reason that several beauty packs and products contain papaya extract because it is rich in Vitamin C.
7. Perfect Remedy to Relieve Arthritis Pain: Papaya is indeed a miraculous fruit that acts as an analgesic for people suffering from severe arthritis pain. Papain, the enzyme found in papaya helps reduce inflammation and pain associated with it.
8. Eating Papaya is Good for Hair: Not many people are aware that one of the main papaya benefits is that it is good for your hair. Papaya is rich in Vitamin A, which helps to produce sufficient sebum to keep your hair healthy and lustrous.
9. Papaya is Good for Blood: Trust in the benefits of eating papaya for your blood. Being a rich source of folic acid, papaya helps in the rapid growth of white blood cells and red blood cells.
10. Boosts Up Immune System: Papaya is a healthy fruit that helps to boost your immune system. It is a rich source of Vitamin C, which helps in enhancing the body’s immunity to fight against infections and diseases. Besides, it has Carotenoids, which help to impact the immune system positively.
Papaya Side Effects
After having a thorough understanding of the benefits of eating papaya, it is now time to understand some of its side effects. Have a look:
- Eating papaya may harm the fetus in a pregnant woman
- Papaya may cause allergies to some people who are allergic to pollen
- May lower your blood sugar levels beyond the safe limit
- Eating papaya in excess may lead to some digestive issues
- Papaya may have adverse effects on people on blood-thinning medicines
The Bottom Line
Papaya is an all-rounder fruit that offers a plethora of health benefits. Papaya is rightly called a superfood for human beings. However, watch the amount you consume, because too much papaya may be harmful too. Eating it the right amount can help you get all the above-mentioned papaya benefits.