Gastric problems are common for those who are big-time foodies. Gas trapped inside your stomach can feel like someone stabbing your abdomen. Gastric disorders are characterized by indigestion, gas, bloating, hiccups, heartburn, stomach discomfort, ulcers, and nausea. Binge eating, smoking, drinking alcohol, sleep difficulties, eating junk, stress, and other harmful behaviours are regularly rewarded in this way. Home remedies for gas in the stomach can come in handy when you are going through such discomfort. It is better to take these rather than waiting for the pain to disappear itself.
Top Home Remedies for Gas In Stomach
There are a lot of home remedies for stomach pain and gas caused by indigestion or other kinds of conditions –
1. Drinking Tea – One of the best home remedies for gas in the stomach is having a cup of tea. With only a cup of tea, a lot can happen. The ideal method is to address the main cause of stomach troubles to get rid of the gas in the stomach. Tea, on the other hand, can provide immediate relief from mild stomach troubles and transient episodes of pain. You may also add honey to your cup of tea to improve its effectiveness. You can also add ginger to your tea to make your cup of tea work better against indigestion in your stomach. Gingerol, the primary component in ginger, possesses antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. It promotes saliva, gastric juices, and bile production and neutralizes stomach acid when consumed before or after a meal.
2. Lime Juice With Baking Powder – When lime juice is paired with baking powder, it becomes the best home remedy for a bloated stomach. When lime water is consumed alongside baking powder, it leads to an increased formation of carbon dioxide in your stomach which works perfectly against the trapped gas in your body and relieves you of the pain caused by the formation of gas. Even lime juice without the addition of baking powder does wonders for a bloated stomach.
3. Buttermilk – Consumption of buttermilk is one of the oldest and proven home remedies for gas in the stomach. Buttermilk helps to neutralize gastric acid and protects the stomach lining from irritation and damage. It’s also a naturally occurring probiotic beverage that aids digestion minimizes gas buildup, and reduces bloating. Buttermilk can also be supplemented with a sprinkle of black salt to boost its anti-gastric properties. The best part about buttermilk is that it can be consumed by those people who are lactose intolerant as well.
4. Cloves – Cloves work like a charm against gas issues in the stomach. Cloves have a carminative action, which means they inhibit the formation of gas in the digestive tract. Remember to use gloves while cooking products that cause flatulence, such as kidney beans or black gram, to avoid any gas or stomach bloating that may arise after eating these dishes.
5. Jeera Water – Consumption of Jeera water is another stomach gas solution. Essential oils in jeera (cumin) activate the salivary glands, which aids in improved digestion and reduces the production of excess gas in the stomach providing relief from stomach pain caused by gas
6. Apple Cider Vinegar – Acid reflux is frequently caused by a lack of stomach acid. Apple cider vinegar consumption helps your stomach against this. To assist release acidity, drink a cup of water with two teaspoons of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar once or twice a day, and you would not be having stomach bloating anymore.
7. Chia Seeds – Mixture of chia seeds with a variety of foods serves as home remedies for stomach pain and gas. Chia seeds contain anti-inflammatory effects and can help with acid reflux symptoms. They’re also high in minerals, fibre, and omega-3 fatty acids, among other things. China seeds can be enjoyed as is or added to cold beverages, smoothies, fruit juices, yoghurt, oatmeal, puddings, and many other food items. They are beneficial for your overall health and also work against stomach gas.
8. Basil Leaves – You might be surprised to know, but Basil Leaves can also work against stomach gas and pain caused by indigestion. The properties of basil leaves give the consumer quick relief from acidity. Consume a few basil leaves or boil 3-4 basil leaves in a cup of water for a few minutes, and you will feel much better and be relieved of the pain caused by stomach gas.
9. Cinnamon – You might think of cinnamon as a common spice that is only used to add more flavour to your everyday foods, but these are also one of the best home remedies for gas in the stomach. Cinnamon is a natural antacid that helps aid digestion and absorption, which can help relieve your stomach. Cinnamon tea can be used to treat infections in the gastrointestinal tract. Cinnamon is a nutritional powerhouse with a long list of health benefits. You can consume this spice alongside a lot of food items.
Avoiding Gastric Problems
Taking home remedies for acidity and gas problems is one thing, but it is better that you take care of your stomach to prevent any kind of serious issue from developing down the line. The causes of gastric issues originate from today’s lifestyle and many other factors. To get rid of acidity and other kinds of stomach problems, it is important to cut off any kind of harmful factors out of your lifestyle.
The best way to prevent gastric issues is by reducing the consumption of coffee, tobacco, alcohol, or any other kind of junk food. Taking precautions and changing your habits can work towards reducing your stomach issues. Eating regularly, avoiding binge eating, sleeping regularly, and engaging in some type of daily physical activity can all help to reduce your risk of having a stomach issue in the long run. Avoid meals that are difficult to digest, as well as acidic foods such as lime and baking soda. It is very important to take care of your stomach as everything is connected to it. Taking precautions and the above-mentioned home remedies for stomach pain and gas can help your stomach a lot.