Is there something related to your teeth that is bothering you? Do you have a toothache while chewing something or eating something that is cold? If yes, then read this article which will help you in treating sensitive teeth at home with the use of simple yet natural home remedies. We usually tend to immediately visit the dentist when we suffer from a toothache because we are not able to eat anything as it hurts our teeth. But, all you can do is treat sensitive teeth with the help of certain home remedies.
Sensitive teeth are the teeth that hurt when we eat something that is extremely cold, i.e., ice cream, drinking cold water, etc. It happens when we do not take proper care of our teeth. Improving the hygiene of your teeth is very important as there are chances that it might trouble you later on. There are different home remedies that you can try at home itself instead of visiting the dentist to get it treated. Brushing your teeth twice a day is a very important part of dental hygiene as it cleans all the germs that are stuck on the teeth.
Treating Sensitive Teeth Using Home Remedies
It is very important that you have a dental checkup after every 6 months in order to check your dental hygiene. If you’re having any dental pain which is serious and needs to be cured at the earliest, then it is important that you visit the dentist. Sensitive teeth can be treated easily at home with the help of certain home remedies. Given below are some of the home remedies that you can follow to treat sensitive teeth :
1. Oil Pulling: This is one of the best sensitive teeth treatments at home that reduces the sensitivity of the tooth. It is known as an ayurvedic practise that can be done with either sesame or coconut oil. All you have to do is swish the oil around your mouth and then spit it out after a few minutes. This is known to be one of the best remedies for sensitive teeth.
2. Rinse with salt water: You can use this remedy as this is one of the natural home remedies for sensitive teeth. Salt is an antiseptic that is effective and helps in reducing inflammation. In order to reduce the pain of the sensitive teeth, you need to take some salt water and gargle with it at least twice a day.
3. Warm water with honey: You can easily treat sensitive teeth with the help of warm water and honey, as this is also the best remedy for sensitive teeth. To reduce the pain, you need to take warm water and rinse your mouth with warm water and honey, as honey helps in reducing the swelling and pain caused due to sensitive teeth.
4. Turmeric: Turmeric is the best in not only treating dental problems but also in other skin conditions. To reduce the pain caused by sensitive teeth, you should massage the turmeric on your teeth for a few minutes. You can also make a paste of the same and apply it to your teeth twice a day to alleviate the pain.
5. Guava Leaves: Do you like guava? If yes, then you can chew the guava leaves as it will help you in alleviating the pain and sensitivity. This is also one of the natural remedies for sensitive teeth. Guava leaves have the potential to reduce toothache as it has antimicrobial properties. Do this practice at least twice a day to relieve the pain.
6. Garlic: One of the traditional and natural remedies for sensitive teeth is garlic. This is a remedy that has been used for many years. Chewing a piece of garlic will give you a lot of pain relief from sensitive teeth. It helps in killing the bacteria, which is the route leading to oral diseases. Therefore, chew a piece of garlic twice a day as it acts as the best remedy for sensitive teeth.
7. Cold compress: When you use a cold pack, it helps you in giving temporary relief from the pain of the sensitive teeth. Using a cold pack reduces the swelling and also inflammation in your mouth.
8. Onion: Have you heard of onion in treating sensitive teeth? Onion is known to have antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, which reduces pain. All you need to do is, cut a piece of onion and place it on the sensitive teeth and leave it for at least five minutes and then rinse your mouth thoroughly to treat the tooth pain. This is one of the natural methods for sensitive teeth treatment at home.
9. Clove oil: You can apply clove to the sensitive teeth and keep it on for a few minutes. The oil helps in reducing the pain and removes the infections from your mouth. Therefore, make sure that you rinse off your mouth thoroughly after some time.
10. Green tea: You might have only heard of drinking green tea, but do you know it is used for treating sensitive teeth as well. You can use the green tea as a mouthwash at least twice a day. It increases the strength of the teeth and also reduces inflammation. You can use this remedy as this is one of the best home remedies for sensitive teeth.
In case you’re suffering from sensitive teeth, all you need to do is read the above-mentioned home remedies for sensitive teeth. Trying these remedies will help you in soothing the pain and giving relief to the sensitive teeth. Therefore, make sure that you start doing these home remedies so that they will help you in reducing the pain easily. Brush your teeth at least twice a day and eat foods that do not harm your teeth. Have neat and clean dental hygiene.