Somebody has rightly said, the best investment you can ever make is your health. A healthy mind resides in a healthy body. It is not just a trending lifestyle, an urge to be fit so that the people get accepted in society but staying fit physically, mentally, and emotionally. To follow a healthy lifestyle is not merely a task. It is a necessity.
The body reflects what people eat. Calling ourselves Foodies doesn’t give an excuse to eat anything. Balanced diet is necessary to keep a check that every vitamin and mineral is going in the right quantity in our body so that the risk of chronic illnesses, diabetes, obesity, and depression are reduced. One should eat fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole grains more to stay healthy.
Other than following a balanced diet, many people have turned to keto diets to stay fit and promote weight loss.
How Does a Keto Diet Work?
Our body gets energy by breaking down carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are the main source of energy for our brain and heart muscles. When we are short on carbohydrate intake, the body looks at alternative forms of energy. When our carbohydrate supplies are exhausted, the body depends upon fat for energy. In The Absence of carbohydrates, the insulin level drops, and fat is secreted. The liver works upon the fat and produces ketones, which are used as the energy source. Thus, the body fat is burnt, and people appear to be slim and fit.
What is the Nutrient Composition of Watermelon?
Watermelons are very nutrient-rich for our bodies. Cup of watermelon, 21% off daily vitamin c required, 17% of vitamin A required, high levels of lycopene, 11 grams of net carbohydrate, and 0.6 g of fiber.
# Vitamin A is important to have a healthy vision.
# Vitamin b1 is important for the body to convert food into energy and carry out itsAlice’sons.
# Vitamin b6 is required by the body to perform the essential part of creating the red blood cells.
# Vitamin c is very vital in performing the functions of tissue growth and repair of the body.
Watermelons are also rich in citrulline. Citrulline is derived from the Latin term citrullus lanatus. It is a Latin name for watermelon. Citrulline is a form of amino acid, and the body needs to perform the role of vasodilation and to promote the blood flow of the body.
Why are Watermelons Good as Keto Diet Foods?
Watermelons are good keto diet foods and provide the human body with many benefits.
- Watermelon keeps the body hydrated. It maintains the water content of the body and helps in osmoregulation. It regulates the temperature of the body and keeps the body cool in summer. Since watermelons are high in water density, they contribute to a very low calorie density.
- Watermelons have anticarcinogenic effects. Watermelons have lycopene which is associated with lowering the risks of cancers like prostate and colorectal.
- Watermelons improve a person’s heart health. Even young people have a high risk of getting heart attacks. Surveys and experiments have suggested that the lycopene present in watermelons helps in lowering the cholesterol level.
- Watermelons are also seen as inflammation and oxidative stress reducers. The nutrients like vitamin c lycopene, antioxidants, which help in lowering inflammation and oxidative stress.
- Watermelons can help in preventing macular degeneration, which is a common age-related phenomenon in older people.
- Watermelon juice helps in skin health maintenance as they have vitamin A and vitamin C, which helps in collagen production that keeps the skin glowing and hair strong. Vitamin A helps in repairing and management of skin cells.
- Watermelon juice is healthy for the stomach and improves digestion. Watermelons are rich in fiber and water content that helps in healthy digestion and excretion procedures.
People may eat watermelons as a part of their keto diet by keeping check up on the nutritional requirements and the scales so that they are not consuming the nutrients in Axis because it will not fulfill the purpose of keto dieting.
What is Allulose?
Allulose is a type of natural sugar found in some fruits like watermelons, jackfruits, figs, raisins, etc. It is a simple sugar like fructose. It can be easily absorbed and metabolized. These sugars are not harmful to the body as it is not absorbed and metabolized by the body and does not increase the blood sugar levels and calorie intake, rather it is metabolized and passed out of the body along with the waste.
Is allulose keto-friendly?
Allulose is keto-friendly. Since the body does not absorb the natural sugar and passes it out un-metabolized, it does not increase blood sugar levels and calorie intake. This sentence does not make the body fat and flabby. It also helps in improving the blood sugar and insulin regulation of the body. Nowadays, Allulose is widely used in many food recipes, and they are added to beverages like coffee or tea to substitute sugar. Bulk production of Allulose is on the rise, and many factories are focusing on artificial extracting the natural sugar from the fruits. This is the reason that Allulose is quite expensive.
Keto Diet Plan Vegetarian
Keto diet vegetarian form includes all the vegetarian food for cheater dieting. A healthy vegetarian keto diet can have the following food items.
- People can consume nuts like almonds, walnuts, cashews, etc.
- Seeds like shea hand flags and pumpkin seeds can also be used in foods and consumed individually.
- Peanut butter, pecan, hazelnut butter can be used as an alternative to Butter.
- Tofu, natto, nutritional yeast, and spirulina can be taken 2 meet the protein requirements on a daily basis.
- Low carb food like berries, lemons, and limes can also be used in moderation, depending upon the quantities diet charts allow meeting the daily nutritional requirement.
Other keto diet food lists which can be followed for a vegetarian keto diet are fruits such as avocados, tomatoes, blackberries, strawberries, peaches, etc.