Gas pain is not only felt in the abdomen but also in the chest sometimes. It can be really painful and severe in many cases. Thought formation of gas is not uncommon, for it to give a chest pain is quite unusual as gas pain is usually experienced in lower abdomen areas. It is important to pay attention to chest pain that is being caused because of gas formation in your stomach. Gastric pain in chest home remedies can be really beneficial and helpful when you are uncomfortable because of gastric pain in your chest. Gastric pain in the chest is something that you should not ignore at any cost.
Symptoms of Gas Pain
Symptoms of gastric pain include –
- Passing gas
- Cramps or pain in your abdomen
- Having a feeling of your abdomen being pressured
- Increase in size of the abdomen
Burping is common, especially during or immediately after having your meal. The average person’s gas passes up to 20 times per day. While experiencing gas might be annoying or embarrassing, burping and passing gas are rarely signs of a medical concern on their own and, in some cases, need to be checked out by a doctor.
Best Home Remedies for Gastric Pain in Chest
1. Garlic – Garlic is an instant home remedy for gastric chest pain. Garlic has anti-inflammatory properties and aids digestion. Reduce the production of gas by adding garlic to your meals and soups, and you will instantly start seeing improvements in your gut system. Get a cup of water to a boil and take a couple of garlic cloves and grind them. Pour the garlic powder you have prepared into the water. Combine a few black peppercorns and cumin seeds in a small bowl. Allow it to boil for a few minutes before removing it from the heat. Having these 3 three times a day should help you out against gastric pain in the chest and abdomen as well.
2. Ginger – Ginger is considered a magical herb that gives instant relief when it comes to headaches, gastric pain in the chest and abdomen, and other conditions. It is considered one of the best home remedies for gastric pain in the chest. Combine a tablespoon of ground ginger, cardamom, and fennel seeds In a small bowl and add a cup of water to the mix. In the water, add a pinch of asafetida or hing should be added as well. This mix should be consumed twice a day to help your body against gastric pain in the chest. To aid regular digestion and regulate gas production in the stomach, chew a piece of ginger or sip ginger tea.
3. Buttermilk – You might be surprised to know, but buttermilk helps a lot when it comes to stomach bloating and providing relief from pain in the chest and abdomen, which is caused by gas. Consuming buttermilk with a pinch of black salt or regular salt and consuming it on a daily basis can help you get relief from gastric pain in the chest.
4. Steamed Pumpkin – Steam pumpkin is another instant remedy for gastric pain in the chest. Pumpkin aids in the reduction of gas production in the stomach. All you need for this treatment is a pumpkin. Using a steamer, steam a cup of pumpkin. It can also be eaten raw, roasted, or cooked. It should be consumed on a daily basis.
5. Other Warm Liquids – Consuming other types of warm liquids such as be helpful when you are suffering from gastric pain in the chest. Drinking enough liquids can assist in the movement of excess gas through the digestive tract, reducing gas pain and discomfort. Non-carbonated beverages will help you avoid consuming too much gas and provide you relief from chest pain caused by it as well.
Having warm liquids such as lemon water can be really beneficial. Lemon water aids digestion because it includes acid that causes the creation of hydrochloric acid, which aids in the digestion of meals. Warm lemon water is useful for relieving gas pain in the chest instantly.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar – Apple Cider Vinegar is another home remedy for gastric pain in the chest. Apple cider relieves flatulence and calms the stomach while also getting rid of the chest pain caused by gas. It’s best to use apple cider vinegar for gastric pain in the chest, but if you don’t have any, normal vinegar will suffice.
7. Exercise – Even simple exercise can work towards getting rid of gastric pain in the chest. Exercise may aid in the movement of gas through the digestive system so that it can be expelled from your body which removes the pain caused in the chest and abdomen caused by gas. Even a short walk around the block can be beneficial for gastric pain in the chest. Simple yoga poses can also help your body pass the gas which has formed inside your stomach, causing gastric pain.
8. Carom Seeds – Consumption of Ajwain or Carom seeds in combination with other kinds of beneficial foods can help you against gastric pain in the chest. It is one of the best gastric pain in chest remedies, and it is fairly simple. The thymol, which is present in carom seeds, stimulates the secretion of stomach juices, which aid in normal digestion and keep your stomach away from the gas formation, which is the cause of the issue of gastric pain in the chest as well. Take a tablespoon of carom seeds and consume with water. Doing this once or twice a day would get you results against gastric pain in the chest.
Gastric pain in the chest can be a nuisance. It is very important to take care of the diet which you are consuming on a day-to-day basis in order to reduce the formation of gas in your stomach. Gastric pain in the chest is not a serious condition and, in most cases, can be treated with home remedies for gastric problems in the chest. However, if you feel like you are not getting any kind of relief from such remedies, you might want to visit your doctor as you might be suffering from other kinds of medical conditions which require proper medical attention instead of home remedies.
Home Remedies For Gas FAQs
How to relieve gas pain in chest naturally?
You can try some home remedies or move your body in gentle yoga session or some exercises to relieve gas pain in the chest.
Finding out the cause of your gas pain can also be helpful in treating it and preventing it from reoccurring in the future. Gas pain can be caused by food sensitivity, food poisoning, inflammatory conditions, irritable bowel syndrome, celiac disease, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO), etc.
How to get rid of gas pain under right breast?
Using home remedies that have been proven by science such as the following can be helpful in getting rid of gas pain:
• Practising Vajrasana (thunderbolt pose)
• Consuming ginger in the form of ginger tea or adding it to your meals
• Exercising regularly
Apart from these home remedies and natural treatments, some over-the-counter medicines may also help with gas pain.
Does apple cider vinegar help with gas in chest?
No; there is no scientific evidence to support that apple cider vinegar helps with gas in chest, but according to anecdotal experiences, drinking it can help. This may work for some people due to the placebo effect, but it is best to stay away from home remedies that have no scientific back-up as it may end up causing complications or worsening your condition.
When to consult a doctor for gas pain?
If you have excessive pain that seems to get worse, it is better to consult a doctor to eliminate certain possibilities and avoid complications. Heart pain (often an indicator of heart attack) may seem similar to the pain in the chest area due to gas and you may confuse the two; thus, it is better to understand the difference between the two and consult a doctor if you are unable to tell the difference.