Having heard about the abundant health benefits of Quinoa, Alex found herself feeling excited about the prospect of including it in her diet. She was determined to shed the pregnancy weight that she had gained after having delivered her baby safely last month. She is keenly searching for foods that could help her get into a fit shape during the maternity period.
Given the high level of protein that is found in quinoa, she is right in believing that it will help her meet the nutritional goals of her day and also promote weight loss.
Studies show that many people consume quinoa for dinner weight loss as it is gluten-free and rich in protein, along with several other nutritious elements, including amino acids, magnesium, calcium, Vitamin E, and more. Here are some essential health benefits of including quinoa in your diet.
- Highly Nutritious: One single cup of quinoa contains proteins, fiber, magnesium, folate, copper, iron, zinc, potassium, manganese, and more. At the same time, it also lends a mere 222 calories with less than 40 grams of carbs and 4 grams of fat, along with a small amount of omega 3 fatty acids. Loaded with so many nutrients, it is a complete meal in itself, which helps you stay full for longer.
- High In Antioxidants: Quinoa is rich in plant antioxidants which are called flavonoids. Two of these, namely quercetin and kaempferol, are found in abundant quantities in the grain, which lends numerous health benefits to the body.
- Gluten-Free: Naturally free of gluten, quinoa is highly recommended for people who face gluten intolerance. Since it is free of any refined starches, it is a far better meal alternative than most gluten-free foods.
- Low Glycemic Index: With a glycemic index of 53, quinoa keeps a check on blood sugar levels and keeps hunger pangs in check.
- Helpful In Losing Weight: The high protein content found in quinoa helps enhance the metabolism and reduce appetite. Since you end up feeling fuller after eating the meal, you will consume fewer calories in the form of an additional meal.
Healthy Recipes with Quinoa
Taking quinoa for dinner weight loss needs just a few basic recipes that you can make even while you are occupied taking care of your little one. Start eating healthier by including quinoa for dinner weight loss with these easy recipes, which take less than 30 minutes to prepare.
Most of these recipes require only a few basic utensils, and if you want to be even quicker with preparing the recipe, you can always use pre-cooked quinoa to whip up these healthy delights.
Quinoa With Tomato And Avocado
Combine cooked quinoa with cube-sized tomatoes and avocados to make a zesty salad. Enhance the flavors with a dash of cheese and salt.
Quinoa Fried Rice
All you will need for this recipe are some cooked quinoa, carrots, peas, cauliflower, cabbage, soy sauce, and coconut oil. When you are ready to cook them, combine the vegetables in some oil and fry them for a few minutes. Add cooked quinoa to the mix and sizzle the flavors of the fried rice with some soy sauce. Let the mixture heat for some time and then serve it hot.
Quinoa Soup With Lentils
Use overnight soaked lentils, cooked quinoa, cauliflower florets, chopped onions, chopped carrots, peppermint leaves, basil leaves, dry ginger, and some olive oil to make this healthy soup. Once you have cooked the lentils and quinoa grains together in a pot by boiling them, take some chopped vegetables, and add them to the cooked mixture. Let the ingredients brew together in the pot and add some salt. When most of the water has evaporated, shut the heat off and serve the soup hot.
Fry some basic vegetables in an oil of your choice and simply add them to cooked quinoa in a bowl to make a quick and fulfilling salad for your meals.
If you wonder whether you will find the time to prepare these dishes for yourself at all, with a baby to take off, then fret not! Making quinoa for dinner weight loss is quite simple. Whenever you find some time, you can cook quinoa by following these steps and store the quinoa in the refrigerator for use over the next few days:
- Rinse your quinoa really well as it gets rid of the saponins, which usually give it a bitter taste.
- Once your quinoa is clean, add enough water to the quinoa in the ratio of 3:1 and let it come to a boil. Once boiled, let the quinoa simmer and cover the utensil with a lid.
- After 15 minutes, the quinoa should have become fluffy, so let them sit in the utensil and close the heat.
This is it! It is as simple as these steps to cook the quinoa and store it for use later. Most nutritionists recommend swapping rice with quinoa for dinner weight loss. So, whenever you are going to have something where you would ordinarily consume rice, simply switch them with quinoa and enjoy a healthy plate of meal every day.
Finally, let us address the ultimate question. Does eating quinoa for dinner weight loss work? Well, if you sought the answer to it in a scientific study, then maybe you will find little evidence to support the claim. However, considering the many benefits that it brings to you on your plate, there is no denying that it is a far better meal option than junk food and even some of the common meal staples that we tend to consume daily.
As such, quinoa is not a low-carb food but contains an abundance of essential elements that make it highly nutritious and fulfilling for the body. As a result, you are prone to eat fewer calories and avoid snacking on unnecessary foods. When followed on a regular basis, balancing your calorie intake will certainly result in weight loss in an effective manner.