Sunflower seeds are wholesome food items that come up with a lot of nutrients including healthy fats, helpful plant compounds, and many vitamins and minerals. Sunflower seeds are basically fruits of sunflower (Helianthus annuus) and possess a nutty flavor.
You can consume these seeds raw, roasted, or you can mix them in various dishes. Several studies have proved that sunflower seed’s benefits are unfathomable.
Sunflower Seeds Nutrition Value
Sunflower seeds are rich in vitamin E and selenium, which are antioxidants. These antioxidants safeguard your body’s cells against free radical damage and prevent severe chronic diseases.
Let’s take a look at the nutrition value of 30 grams (1/4 cup) of dry and roasted sunflower seeds.
|37% of the RDI|
10% of the RDI
|11% of the RDI
17% of the RDI
|20% of the RDI
6% of the RDI
|9% of the RDI
10% of the RDI
|26% of the RDI
30% of the RDI
|32% of the RDI
Top 7 Health Benefits of Sunflower Seeds
Read about the 7 amazing health benefits of sunflower seeds as mentioned below:-
1. Reduces Inflammation
People who are suffering from short-term or chronic inflammation will benefit from consuming sunflower seeds. Sunflower seeds are rich in vitamin E, flavonoids, phenols, tannins, and saponins. Vitamin E in sunflower seeds minimizes C-reactive protein levels. Flavonoids and other components are also useful in minimizing inflammation. A medical study revealed that consuming sunflower seeds and other seeds five times or more per week resulted in lower levels of inflammation. But some more studies are required to establish the claim.
2. Improves your Heart Health and Possess Anti-Tumor Properties
Sunflower seeds contain a higher amount of carotenoids and tocopherols that act as an antioxidant that protects your body from radicals’ damage. Several studies have proved that sunflower seeds are beneficial for atherosclerosis, arterial disease, stroke, hypertension, and cancer.
The human body can’t produce tocopherol or vitamin E in the body. People usually get these through their diet. Thus, sunflower seeds are a popular choice as they are rich in vitamin E.
3. Minimize Cholesterol and Blood Pressure
The magnesium in sunflower seeds reduces the blood pressure levels in your body. Moreover, sunflower seeds contain unsaturated fatty acids, especially linoleic acid. By using linoleic acid, your body produces a hormone-like compound that relaxes blood vessels and minimizes blood pressure. This fatty acid also reduces the level of cholesterol.
A 3-week study was conducted on women with type 2 diabetes and it was found that women who consumed 30 grams of sunflower seeds daily as part of their diet noticed a 5% drop in systolic blood pressure. Participants also experienced a 9% and 12% decrease in “bad” LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, respectively.
Cynarin in sunflower seeds minimizes triglycerides and cholesterol. It is extremely beneficial for people with hyperglycemia or hyperlipidemia.
4. Diabetes Management
Sunflower seeds are also beneficial in controlling blood sugar and type 2 diabetes. Several studies suggest that people who eat 30 grams of sunflower seeds daily may reduce fasting blood sugar by about 10% within six months.
Sunflower seeds contain a plant-based compound called chlorogenic acid that minimizes your blood sugar levels. By adding sunflower seeds to your bread, you can minimize the carbs’ effect on your blood sugar.
5. Boosts your Brain Function
Sunflower seeds are rich in vitamin B6. It uplifts your mood, improves concentration, and enhances memory. Vitamin B6 releases serotonin and norepinephrine in your body. Sunflower seeds are also beneficial in lessening symptoms associated with premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
6. Immunity Booster
Sunflower seeds are preferred immunity boosters due to vitamin E, zinc, and selenium in them.
Vitamin E improves your immune responses and protects against various chronic and infectious diseases. This is also an imperative antioxidant and extirpates free radicals from your body.
Zinc protects your body against inflammation, allergies, and annexing pathogens. Zinc is also good for your overall well-being and enhances your immunity. Selenium also minimizes inflammation and improves immunity. Selenium minimizes oxidative stress from free radicals.
7. Helps in Weight Loss
Sunflower seeds come up with proteins and fiber. Thus, you may feel full for a long time and you will consume fewer calories.
Sunflower Seeds Benefits for Female
- Sunflower seeds contain all essential vitamins and minerals that are beneficial for females during their pregnancy and post-pregnancy.
- To prevent birth defects of the brain and spinal cord (generally occurs during the first 28 days of conception), the experts recommend consuming 400 grams of sunflower seeds before pregnancy and 600 grams during pregnancy.
- Sunflower seeds improve digestion at the time of pregnancy
- Sunflower seeds are rich in phytochemicals that improve the immune system to enhance the body’s ability to accept growing fetuses
- Sunflower seeds have minerals and phosphorus that help in developing the bones of unborn babies
Sunflower Seeds Benefits for Male
- Men often consume meat to build up muscles. But too much meat may enhance your intake of unwholesome saturated fat and cholesterol. Sunflower seeds contain a good amount of plant-based protein and are a healthy alternative to meat.
- Men need more potassium-based foods in their diet regime to meet their daily needs of 4,700 mg a day. Sunflower seeds will help you in fulfilling your daily target of potassium (provide 226 mg in a 1/4-cup serving).
Side Effects of Sunflower Seeds
- You may feel vomiting, stomach ache and constipation if you consume excessive sunflower seeds
- Sunflower seeds are a calorie-rich food. If you consume them too much, it will increase your weight.
- Sunflower seeds contain traces of cadmium. Consuming too much may hurt your kidneys
- People who are allergic to sunflower seeds must avoid them as they might get allergies, itching, hay fever, etc.
Sunflower seeds are a crispy, delicious, and scrumptious addition to countless dishes. They are beneficial for your heart, skin, and lungs. But they are also calorie-counting foods, so don’t consume them too much as it may lead to several unwanted side effects.
1. Can we eat sunflower seeds raw?
Yes, you can eat sunflower seeds raw. According to experts, the raw kernels that are unsalted are the least processed version of sunflower seeds, which contain all its properties. So, if you can bear the taste of raw sunflower seeds, nothing better than than.
2. Do sunflower seeds increase sperm count?
Yes, eating sunflower seeds help to increase sperm count. These seeds are rich in vitamin E, which is an essential nutrient responsible for maintaining a high sperm count as well as sperm motility.
3. What are 5 foods that boost testosterone?
Testosterone is a male hormone, that is responsible for male reproduction. Following are the top 5 foods that boost testosterone levels in males:
2. Cocoa Products
5. Fatty Fish
4. Are sunflower seeds good for hair?
Sunflower seeds are tiny seeds packed with all sorts of nutrients. They offer benefits for your hair health by promoting hair growth and protecting them against environmental toxins. Rich in vitamin E, zinc, and omega-3 fatty acids, sunflower seeds offer all the nutrients that your hair need for proper health and growth.
5. What are sunflower seeds side effects for males?
Excess of everything is bad, and so is the case with sunflower seeds. Although, these seeds are full of health benefits, in some cases they may yield some side effects for males like constipation, allergic reactions, swelling and itching, breathing problems, skin rashes, vomiting, and stomach ache.
6. What are sunflower seeds benefits for females?
Sunflower seeds are full of nature’s goodness. They offer multiple health benefits to males as well as females. Some of the benefits of these seeds for females are:
1. Ease Symptoms of PMS or Premenstrual Symptoms
2. Balances Estrogen Hormones
3. Prevents Birth Defects in Pregnant Women
4. Regulates Digestion During Pregnancy
5. Reduces Risk of Heart Diseases
6. Lower Downs Total Cholesterol Levels
7. How to eat to get sunflower seeds benefits?
You may include sunflower seeds in your diet to enjoy its multiple benefits. The various ways in which you can eat these seeds are:
1. Stir these seeds in your oatmeal
2. Sprinkle them on salads
3. Sprinkle them over stir fry or mixed vegetables
4. Mix them in baked goodies
5. Add them on veg burgers
8. What are sunflower seeds side effects for females?
Eating sunflower seeds is good for your health but sometimes people may experience some side effects too. Some of the common side effects experienced by females by eating sunflower seeds are:
1. Skin Rashes
3. Stomach Ache
9. How can I make my sperm thick and strong?
You can make your sperm thick and strong by the following ways:
1. Getting enough zinc
2. Getting enough Vitamin D
3. Taking D-aspartic Acid Supplements
4. Taking Fenugreek Supplements
5. Taking Tribulus Terrestris
6. Regular Exercise
7. Managing Stress Levels
buy backlinks uk
rkorgorqn xtkom ydrxmhf xkdf bwjwkrnrgpubnvg
Comments are closed.