Every woman wants to possess a glowing and radiant face that will help her to earn tons of compliments from friends, neighbors, and relatives. Daily washing or cleansing may not be enough to remove dirt and grimes from the inner surfaces of your skin. Hence, an exfoliation is required that will remove dead skin, blackheads, and whiteheads. A face scrub will not only remove dirt from your skin, but also make your skin healthy and glowing.
Though the markets are crammed with the best face scrubs, they are costlier and many women can’t afford them. Thus, they are looking for some alternative homemade face scrub products to add sheen to their faces. Here, we are going to mention some homemade face scrubs for women.
DIY or natural face scrub products are inexpensive ways by which you can brighten your skin, minimize pores, and restore the glow of the face. By incorporating some natural ingredients like brown sugar, oil, and essential oils, you can prepare homemade scrub for face.
4 Best Face Scrubs for Glowing Skin
To rejuvenate your tired skin, you can prepare these easy-to-use homemade scrubs for glowing skin. These scrubs not only add freshness to your skin but also boost collagen levels, protect the skin from free radical damage, and minimize sun damage. DIY face scrubs minimize inflammation, uplift the blood flow, and make your skin tighter. These are some of the benefits of face scrub.
1. DIY Coffee Scrub
The caffeine in coffee stimulates blood circulation and reinstates glow and freshness to your skin. Moreover, caffeine also contains antioxidants that safeguard your skin from UV damage and lock the moisture of the skin.
- Make a paste by using three tablespoons of ground coffee along with half a cup of yogurt
- If you have dry skin, then you may use full-fat milk instead of yogurt
- Blend in a mixer and keep it for five minutes
- Now, add one teaspoon of honey to the thick mixture and mix well
- Apply this mixture to your face evenly
- Now, scrub in upward circular movements for 10 minutes
- Wash your face with cold water
- For the best results, apply this scrub twice a week
2. DIY Chocolate Scrub
Chocolates are rich in antioxidants and possess anti-ageing properties. They can uplift the production of collagen, hydrate your skin and make your skin silky soft.
- You may take three tablespoons of melted dark chocolate, one cup of granulated sugar, two tablespoons of ground coffee and half a cup of coconut oil
- Mix all the above ingredients well and store them in a sealed container
- While you are planning to use it, take a few spoons of the mixture and microwave it in a bowl
- Heat it for 6-8 seconds and scrub your face to get lustrous and supple skin
3. DIY Coconut Milk and Almond Scrub
This face scrub is an ideal exfoliator and minimizes the appearance of cellulite.
- In a blender, take two cups of white clay, one cup of grounded oats, four tablespoons of grounded almonds and two tablespoons of finely grounded roses
- Blend them well and coconut milk to make a smooth paste
- To get supple, soft, and radiant skin, apply this face scrub
4. DIY Fresh Fruits Scrub
Fruits contain many enzymes that come up with skin-cleansing properties. The proteins and nutrients in fruits will add a natural sheen to your skin and keep you hydrated.
- Make a fruit face scrub by using papaya, banana, or orange
- Apply on face as a face scrub and massage gently
- Wash with water after 5 minutes and see your face glowing
These are the popular and affordable homemade face scrubs for glowing skin.
Face Scrubs for Tan Removal
1. DIY Honey, Lemon, and Sugar Scrub
This scrub has many natural exfoliates that will remove dead cells from your skin. Lemon will clear up blackheads, acne, and also pigmentation. Honey is a natural moisturizer and heals inflamed skin.
- Take one cup of sugar and add one tablespoon of olive oil and one tablespoon of honey
- Now, squeeze a big size lemon and add the juice to the paste
- Mix well for some time and then apply it to your face
- Scrub for a few minutes and then wash it with cold water
If you have dry skin, then don’t keep the paste on your skin for long as it might make the skin peel.
2. DIY Yogurt and Tomato Scrub
Tomatoes are popular for removing tan from your skin. On the other hand, yogurt is natural bleach that will lighten your skin tone. The paste will remove the outer tanned layer from your skin.
- Prepare a scrub using a teaspoon of tomato pulp, along with yogurt (the same quantity) and a spoon of lemon juice.
- Mix it well and apply it all over your face
- Let the paste dry for some time and then wash it with cold water.
- Sometimes, you might feel an itching sensation on your skin after applying the tomato juice. But the sensation will dissolve once it is dried.
The pack is ideal for removing the tanned layer from your skin.
How often should I use homemade scrubs?
Over exfoliation may make your skin more sensitive to the UV rays. Exfoliating more than thrice a week disturbs the topmost layer of the skin and makes your skin more susceptible to rashes, age spots, and sunburns. This layer acts as a barrier.
Can face scrubbing cause darkness?
Over exfoliation may damage the outer layer of the skin and makes your skin more susceptible to harsh UV rays. As a result, you may get a tan. Too much scrubbing may also cause darkening of the skin.
What should you do after exfoliating your face?
After exfoliation, always use a moisturizer. If you don’t use moisturizer, then it will make your skin drier and more sensitive.
What are the side effects of homemade scrubs?
Over-the-counter scrubs may contain many harsh chemicals that will make your skin more sensitive. On the other hand, homemade scrubs contain natural ingredients like sugar, salt, oils, honey, etc. These natural ingredients may not cause any side effects on your skin. But choose a scrub based on your skin’s sensitivity and the number of times you are planning to use it.
What is the best time to use a scrub?
If your face is dull or you have oily skin, then you try to exfoliate it during the daytime.