Ayushi was sitting near Aman, who was smoking. Suddenly, Ayushi started feeling well. She was coughing badly. Aman couldn’t understand the reason until Ayushi started coughing continuously. They went to see the doctor, and the doctor said, “It can be a dry cough”. A cough is not a serious matter of concern because we encounter all the types of common bacteria and viruses daily. There’s no cure as they are present widely in nature. Below are some remedies that can be used to treat dry cough and have clear throat:
What is Dry Cough?
Well, it could be a case of a dry cough when a person is suffering from pneumonia or typhoid recovers. Some bacteria areas left in the body can remain viable if the antibiotic is stopped. They remain in the body and keep on affecting the immune system resulting in symptoms like mild fever, dry cough, fatigue, etc.
They don’t have any vaccine against them because they are required for our body to make our immune system strong. Our Immune system develops a memory of its own after coming in contact with different types of bacteria and viruses. It makes the body resistant to all these infections and in the long run, provides a healthy and strong immune system. In dry cough, the body is unable to produce mucus which keeps the throat moist and provides resistance against bacteria. A dry cough causes lots of discomforts, and it is unproductive.
Remedies For Dry Cough Which You Should Take!
Below are some remedies that can be used to treat dry cough and have clear throat:
1. Honey and Turmeric: Honey and turmeric concoction is an ancient A dry cough home remedy A dry cough doesn’t require any medical treatment immediately as it can resolve after two weeks on its own. To make the dry cough treatment more effective, doctors advise using natural remedies as well as medicines to recover fast.
2. Ginger: We all have seen our mothers use ginger in dry cough remedies as ginger has antibacterial properties to help in fighting cough and cold. Ginger tea is very effective in fighting cough and cold.
3. Gargling with saltwater: Take a glass of water and add a pinch of salt to it. A tablespoon of salt mixed in a hot glass of water can help in clearing the throat. It is by far the best ancient dry cough home remedy known for its effectiveness.
4. Avoid irritants: Avoid all the possible irritants like hay, pollen grains, dust, etc., to avoid irritation. Many people are resistant to these allergens because they develop resistance against it while developing an allergy.
5. Take vitamins: Vitamins are necessary to combat cough. We forget to take our supplements and the vitamins like Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, which are essential in keeping the body healthy and infection-free. These vitamins help in improving immunity.
6. Probiotics: Probiotics are essential to maintain a healthy gut. Cough and cold will go away on their own if we take a healthy diet. Include curd, milk, etc., in your diet to keep yourself healthy. They have bacteria that are required for maintaining the gut ecosystem.
7. Enough sleep: In case of dry cough, take adequate rest. Sometimes a disturbed sleep cycle can also affect health. Take enough rest and avoid stress.
8. Medications: Take proper medicines to get rid of dry cough. A doctor usually prescribes a cough syrup best for dry syrup. A cough syrup provides relief to the throat by helping it in decongestion and also provides comfort to the throat. Every cough syrup that is prescribed has some medications which make a person feel sleepy. Sedatives are added to give some rest to the mind and body.
Dry cough is not a matter of great concern as it resolves on its own after a potential cause has been removed. If a person develops a dry cough due to being in contact with a smoker, it will naturally resolve once he walks away. Anything else can also be treated if it is resolved earlier.
A dry cough is no exception. Remove all the dust, allergens from the house and keep it clean. Always use a humidifier and air cleaner to keep the surroundings clean. A clean environment would not invite pests, allergens, mosquitoes, etc., and would always make the house perfect for a healthy family.
In case of severe infection, don’t hesitate to consult a physician. Severe chest pain can also develop due to strain on the lungs. Difficulty in breathing can worsen the pressure on the lungs and lead to alveolar damage.
Tobacco smoke is the worst type of allergen. It does affect not only the smoker but also the people around him. People develop asthma due to tobacco smoke. It is essential to keep yourself aware of the surroundings and follow all the necessary precautions to avoid any sort of infection shortly. A healthy mind is required for longer life.
Is dry cough curable?
Yes, it is. A dry cough is curable and usually doesn't require any medical attention until and unless there's no treatment needed. Treatment is only needed when the symptoms like chest pain, high fever, chills, etc. develop due to prolonged infection. It is best advised not to rely only on home remedies and seek medical help immediately.
Do home remedies work against cold and cough?
Yes. It does. The home remedies do work in the case of cold and cough but take a little longer to show their effects. A home remedy only works if it's taken timely and in exact proportions. Any deviation could lead to slow results.