Grapes are aphrodisiac and delicious to eat. Rich in antioxidants, and other essential nutrients, grapes are full of natural goodness. But, do you know that Grape Seed Extract or GSE is also full of nutrition. One of the key compounds found in these seeds is proanthocyanidin, which helps to prevent inflammation, repairs tissue damage, and reduces oxidative stress. These are just a handful of benefits of grape seeds.
Let us dig deeper to understand more about grape seed uses and grape seed extract uses.
Nutritional Value of Grape Seeds
Before we throw light on black grape seed benefits, we want you to understand the nutrition found in grape seeds. GSE or grape seed extract is full of the following nutrients:
- Vitamin E
- Linolenic Acid
10 Incredible Health Benefits of Grape Seeds
Here is a look at the 10 wonderful health benefits of grape seeds or GSE are given below:-
- Improves Blood Circulation: The prime benefit of grape seeds is that these seeds help in enhancing the blood flow. GSE or the Grape Seed Extract is a natural blood thinner. So, it averts the risk of blood clots. But, as a piece of caution those on blood thinning medicines should try not to take these seeds.
- Strengthens Bones: Rely on the hidden power of grape seeds to strengthen your bones. Rich in calcium content, these seeds of grapes make your bones strong. These seeds are beneficial for bone formation.
- Reduces Blood Pressure: Having grape seeds daily can help reduce high blood pressure. The extract of grape seeds is quite effective in regulating hypertension symptoms without any side effects.
- Wound Healing Properties: Eating grape seeds help to heal the wounds. These seeds have some compounds called proanthocyanidins that are beneficial in healing wounds. You can easily heal your wounds with grape extract.
- Grape Seed Extract Benefits for Skin: Let’s talk about the grape seed benefits for skin. Grapes and their seeds are miraculous for your skin. They help to diminish wrinkles and keep the fine lines away. GSE also protects your skin against harmful rays of the sun.
- Eat Grape Seeds for a Healthy Brain: Want a strong and healthy brain? Why not try GSE for that matter? The grape seed extract is rich in anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, consuming this extract helps in enhancing your brain function. The gallic acid found in GSE helps improve the cognitive status of the brain.
- Good for Kidneys: When talking about grape seed uses, we must say these seeds are good for your liver. The extract of these seeds helps reduce the risk of kidney damage, as it prevents oxidative damage.
- Good for Liver: If you eat grape seeds, you are helping your liver to function properly. Grape seed extracts are effective in giving protection to your liver. Eating grape seeds or having their extract helps to protect the liver against the free radical damage done by toxic exposure.
- Reduces Oxidative Damage: The list of benefits of grape seeds doesn’t end here. These seeds are also good for reducing oxidative damage done by high fatty diets. Taking the extract of grape seeds in a moderate amount help to combat oxidative stress in the body.
- Reduces the Risk of Cancer: Eating grape seeds every day may reduce the chances of cancer. These seeds are rich in antioxidants like proanthocyanidins and flavonoids. Due to these two essential antioxidants, these seeds help to avert the risk of different types of cancers.
Side Effects of Grape Seeds
After going through the grape seed health benefits, it is time to understand some side effects of the same. Listed below are some common side effects of grape seed extract experienced by some people:
- Itchy Scalp
The Bottom Line
GSE or Grape Seed Extract is a common dietary supplement. These days, even many multi-vitamin tablets include this compound for its multifarious health benefits. Having a moderate dose of GSE is good for your overall body and prevents chronic diseases. In a nutshell, grape seed is one natural remedy for a healthy brain, heart, liver, kidney, and skin.
Is it OK to eat grape seeds?
Yes, it is OK to eat grape seeds. The taste may be bitter but it can be overlooked for the goodness these seeds offer to your health. Grape seeds are harmless and easy to eat.
Do grape seeds have cyanide?
No, there are no pieces of evidence of cyanide in grape seeds. They are completely safe to be eaten to get a plethora of health benefits.
How do I use grape seeds?
You can eat grape seeds like any other fruit or seeds. These seeds are bitter and when eaten they release a juice. You can easily chew and then swallow grape seeds.
Are grapes without seeds good for you?
Yes, grapes without seeds are good for you. But, grapes with seeds are better in terms of health quotient. Grapes with seeds are good for regulating your cholesterol, increasing blood circulation, and improving vision.
Can I juice grapes with seeds?
Yes, you can juice the grapes with seeds. Purple grapes in particular offer a lot of health benefits if juiced along with their seeds.