Dandruff is the most quotidian problem in today’s life, but finding the right dandruff treatment is an arduous endeavor. Dandruff or Seborrhea makes your scalp weak due to improper hair brushing, stress, medical conditions, and dry skin. The markets are thronged with many chemical shampoos and products that will help you to combat dandruff but there could be some side effects.
Here check out some effective home remedies for dandruff that will treat your dandruff naturally without any harm.
How to get rid of dandruff?
Many home remedies are effective to remove your dandruff permanently. You need to select the right ingredients and mix them well. Once the mixture is ready, you can apply it. These remedies for dandruff treatment at home will help you to overpower filthy flakes that lessen your self-esteem levels.
How to remove dandruff at your home?
1. Apple Cider vinegar (ACV)
ACV is one of the best remedies to treat severe dandruff at your home. But you need to prepare the paste in a prescribed way.
- Add apple cider vinegar to an equal amount of water and keep the mixture inside
- After washing your hair, use the mixture and massage your hair for 15 minutes
- Finally, wash it off
Overuse of apple cider vinegar may damage your hair. So, apply this mixture every two days.
2. Use Mehendi
If you are thinking about how to remove dandruff permanently then you can apply Mehendi as it will create magic on your hair and soften it. But you need to prepare Mehendi paste carefully.
- Make a paste by using Mehendi, curd and a little bit of lemon juice
- Keep the mixture for 8 hours
- After that, apply it to your hair and leave for 2 hours
- Now, wash it using water
3. Coconut Oil with Lemon
Coconut oil adds sheen to your hair when it is mixed with little lemon juice. This home remedy also cures those tiny flakes that tarnish your confidence.
- First, heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and mix it equally with some mixture of lemon juice
- Now, apply the mixture to your scalp and massage your hair delicately
- Leave it for 20 minutes and then wash it off with a shampoo
4. Fenugreek Seeds
These seeds are often called methi seeds and are a preventive cure for dandruff. Let’s take a look at how to prepare a paste using fenugreek seeds.
- Put some fenugreek seeds in a small bowl of water and soak it overnight
- Next morning, smash the seeds and make a paste
- Now, add lemon juice to the paste and mix it properly
- Apply the paste to your scalp and hair and leave it to dry for 30 minutes
- Now, rinse it off with a shampoo
Curd is very effective in treating dandruff. But you should be cautious while applying the paste to your hair.
- First, apply little curd onto your hair strands including the scalp
- Let it dry for an hour or above
- Now, wash it off with a shampoo
6. Orange Peel
Orange peel is an astonishing home remedy for dandruff at home. Orange peel possesses calcium, magnesium, vitamin A and dietary fibers. All these components are essential for your body. But if you are planning to use orange peel for dandruff, you should make the peel cautiously and apply it to your scalp and hair.
- Take the orange peel and add some lemon juice to it
- Put the mixture in a grinder and make a paste
- Apply the paste to your scalp and let sit dry for 30 minutes
- Now, rinse it off with an anti-dandruff shampoo
Use this paste thrice a week to overcome dandruff.
Vinegar can extirpate bad fungus and thus, it is beneficial in treating dandruff easily. It is also effective in treating other skin problems like acne and itchiness on the scalp.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to prepare a mix to overcome dandruff.
- You need two cups of vinegar and one cup of water
- Now, boil the cups of vinegar and keep it aside to cool
- Then mix a one-eighth cup of water into the vinegar
- The mixture is ready and you may apply it to your scalp
- Finally, wash it off with a shampoo
Vinegar will lessen the dryness and remove the itchiness that you are experiencing.
8. Egg Yolk
Egg yolk is rich in vitamins that treat dandruff. Egg yolks may act as a conditioner for your hair and will make your hair stronger and healthier.
- Apply the egg yolk to your dry hair
- After applying egg yolk to your hair, cover it with a shower cap for an hour
- Now, wash your hair properly
9. Olive Oil
Olive oil not only strengthens your scalp but is also beneficial for your hair. Here are some ways by which you can apply olive oil to your hair to overcome dandruff.
- First, apply some olive oil to your hair
- Wait for 10 minutes and then, gently wash with a shampoo.
Due to its antifungal properties, garlic can remove some notorious microbes that can cause dandruff.
- Make a paste using a few garlic cloves along with 1 tablespoon of honey
- Apply the paste to your scalp and let it dry for 15 minutes
- Now, rinse it off with a shampoo
The Bottom Line
The above article gave you adequate information regarding how to remove dandruff quickly. These home remedies are not only effective but also affordable.