Alisha started a healthy diet for her weight loss routine. She thought of participating in a beauty pageant, but their criteria are 55 kg for women. She needs to lose weight to fit in that category. To her surprise, after one month, she found that her weight remained the same and she did not lose anything.
She became sad and started thinking about what was wrong with her plan. Then she asked her nutritionist about the balanced diet and found out that she consumed normal milk bread instead of brown bread for weight loss.
What is Brown Bread?
It is typically referred to as a dark brown or light brown type, depending on a particular brand. It is made up of wheat flour that is bleach-free, which contributes to the dark colour of the bread. Some companies include molasses for extra colour.
The bread does not lose its colour during the baking process, and it tastes deeper than ordinary bread. People prefer brown bread for weight loss over normal bread due to its high nutritional value and importance for weight loss.
The most popular brown bread originated and is made in America, which is known as Boston Bread. This bread is made up of a combination of different wheat flour found in cylindrical cans. Irish brown bread uses whole wheat flour, and it does not take excess baking time.
Benefits of Brown Bread
- It consists of fibres, vitamins, and minerals, which are essential components of a healthy diet. Fibres help in regular bowel movements and keep the blood sugar level in check. Brown bread helps reduce cholesterol and hypertension, and the most crucial thing about brown bread is that it has low calories.
- White bread can lead to a bloated stomach for some people; they can switch to brown bread as it contains a lot of fibre.
- The brown bread for weight loss is rich in carbohydrates which provide energy before a workout and controlling appetite for an extended duration.
- It is a great source of vitamin E, B, and K that adds vitamins and minerals to the regular diet and helps stay proactive throughout the day.
- Bodybuilders obtain brown pieces of bread as they complex proteins and carbohydrates for muscle gains, which also substitute several supplements.
- Controls inflammation in the body which is the main cause of many chronic health problems
- Cancer can also be controlled, and the risk can be reduced by consuming whole grains because it contains phenolic acids, saponins which slow down cancer infection.
Recipes where you can use brown bread and lose weight
- Paneer Sandwich– Cut the spinach and boil it. After that, drain the excess water and mix grated paneer, chopped green chili, salt, mayonnaise, black pepper and mix it. Then spread it over the brown bread, toast evenly and serve hot.
- Oil-Free Bread Samosa– Heat the pan and add oil. After the oil becomes hot, add cumin seeds in it, then add boiled and mashed potatoes, green peas, dried mango powder, chili powder, coriander powder, and salt to taste. After that, remove the crust from all the brown bread for weight loss slices and cut it horizontally into equal halves. Make it in a cone shape and add water to close the edges by putting the stuff in between. After that, bake them in a preheated oven for about 10minutes.
- Carrot and Cheese Sandwich- In a big bowl, take a grated carrot and paneer and mix it with cottage cheese, chopped tomatoes, and green chilies, chopped coriander leaves, salt, and fat less butter. Apply this mixture on top of the brown bread slices, then bake it in a preheated oven for about 5minutes and serve hot.
With the increased craving for a low-carb diet and gluten-free foods, many people eliminate bread from their diet, but brown bread for weight loss has been proven to have several nutritional facts and health benefits. It consists of 170mg sodium, 20g of carbohydrates, and 80 calories. It also contains added sugar which provides complex carbohydrates and protein. It helps in keeping the heart healthy by reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases and chronic diseases.
Which is better overall for all health- white bread or brown bread?
Brown is the healthiest choice as it is low on the glycemic index that reduces the blood sugar level hence controls diabetes and other heart diseases. It must be consumed by the people who are focused on building a body or losing weight.
Can people consume brown bread daily?
It does not have any adverse effect on health, but as it is rich in carbohydrates and consumed, fibres can interrupt smooth bowel movements. Too much brown bread is not healthy because of added sugar and preservatives.