Being a gym instructor, many people usually ask Ram for ways to lose weight without following strict crash diets or giving up their favorite food. Given this constant demand from his clients, he keeps looking for some super-foods that can help them lose weight without just relying on salad and soups. He discovers the magic of corn.
Let’s look at how corn can help in weight loss while providing you with immense health benefits.
So let’s get started, shall we?
Top Health Benefits of Including Corn to Your Diet
Corn is an excellent healthy food that can help tremendously in losing weight if consumed in moderation. This is because corn contains enough fiber that makes you feel fuller for a long time and enables you to eat less.
In addition to assisting in weight loss, corn additionally presents the necessary calories for enhanced metabolism. Mentioned hereunder are the top benefits of consuming or adding corn to your diet.
- Decreases the risk of diabetes
The anthocyanin element in corn is pretty advantageous in controlling insulin and sugar levels in the human body. Also, a monitored intake of corn can help you decrease the risk of type 2 diabetes to a substantial extent by lowering insulin resistance and consequently limiting blood sugar levels from rising too high.
- Facilitates weight loss
Corn holds huge fiber content that makes it a significant agent for weight loss as it promotes slow digestion. Furthermore, with high quantities of antioxidants, corn assists in decreasing inflammation and enhancing metabolism. This, in turn, facilitates healthy weight loss.
- Limit skin damage
Corn is rich in vitamin C, which is an essential ingredient to limit skin damage. Also, high levels of vitamin C assists in neutralizing free radicals, thus inhibiting fine lines and hyperpigmentation. It further helps fade facial acne marks to make your skin look flawless. Vitamin C also aids in collagen synthesis that allows for more accelerated wound healing, along with hydrated and youthful skin.
- Decreases the risk of anemia
Nutrients like vitamin C and iron are crucial for countering anemia. Iron assists in the creation of hemoglobin that produces red blood to transport oxygen more efficiently. Likewise, vitamin C improves iron retention and red blood cell creation. Corn is one such super-food rich in iron and vitamin C, which makes it advantageous in helping diminish the risk of anemia.
- Improves eye health
Given the high quantity of antioxidants and vitamin A in corn, they are excellent for keeping good eye health. Corn further helps improve your vision and limits macular degeneration, which ultimately points to medical issues such as glaucoma, cataracts, and complete blindness.
Delicious Corn Recipes for Weight Loss
While there are various wholesome ways to consume corn, here are a few quick corn recipes for weight loss that can help you shed those extra pounds.
1. Pomegranate and Corn Chaat
Preparation time – 10 to 15 minutes
Serving – 2 to 3 people
- 1 cup of boiled corn
- 1 cup of peeled pomegranate grains
- ½ a lime or lemon
- Minced mint leaves
- Minced coriander leaves
- Salt to flavor
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp tamarind essence
Directions to make Pomegranate and Corn Chaat:
- Place the pomegranate seeds, boiled corn, minced coriander, and mint leaves in a medium-sized container.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Add a few dashes of lime or lemon, tamarind essence, cumin powder, and salt.
- Toss this mixture adequately. Your pomegranate and corn chaat is ready to serve.
2. Garden Fresh Corn Salad
Preparation time – 20 minutes
Serving – 2 to 3 people
- 3 cups of steamed corn
- 1 cup chopped, medium-sized tomato
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- ½ cup diced onions
- 1 tbsp minced mint leaves
- 1 tbsp diced parsley or basil or leaves, optional
- 1 tbsp olive oil (virgin)
- 1 tbsp minced medium clove of garlic
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
Directions to make Garden Fresh Corn Salad:
- Put the steamed corn, diced cucumber, tomatoes, onions, basil, mint, and parsley in a big container.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- In a separate pan, mix minced garlic, virgin olive oil, black pepper, and salt. Stir them thoroughly for around 3 to 4 minutes.
- Empty this mixture over the salad in the deep pot.
- Stir the salad properly so that the virgin olive oil covering coats every element accurately.
- Serve directly or chill in the fridge for later consumption.
3. Delicious Corn Dip
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Serving – 2 people
- 1 cup corn kernels steamed and lightly battered
- 2 cup chopped green chilies
- 1 cup chopped Jalapeño
- 2 tbsp finely mashed cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt plain
- Some minced coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped small Bell pepper
- 1/2 cup Onion small chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp Lime or lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
Directions to make Delicious Corn Dip:
- Add the corn kernels and all the mentioned ingredients to a big mixing pot.
- Mix all the ingredients well
- Set the seasoning as craved.
- Serve fresh with veggie sticks or baked chips.
The Bottom Line
To sum up, we can say that corn is a handy food item used in independent corn recipes for weight loss or as an ingredient in other recipes. These corn dishes remain light on your stomach and make for a wholesome and satisfying snack, which assists you in avoiding consuming junk food.
So what are you waiting for? Try your hand at these super easy and quick corn recipes for weight loss and deliciously shed those extra pounds to remain fit and healthy.